Our third product released as part of the LD Randonneur collection is the front Rando Bag. Once again, we take our avid love for cycling into developing this unique product, and take inspiration from the traditional design of front bags used in a randonnée (also called a brevet or audax) - a self-supported, non-competitive endurance activity in which cyclists have to reach pre-determined finish points given a time limit and are usually for 200 km or more. In between are what are called control points, where cyclists can opt to take nutrition and rest.
A randonneur bag is designed such that its compartments are easily accessible to the rider, without necessarily having to stop all the time while on the brevet. It is also properly-sized for the activity, and for multi day-rides it will contain food and sustenance, tools/spares, a set of clothes (as necessary), navigation/maps, and other rider essentials.
This bag is entirely and proudly made locally by ourselves (including leather trims and straps), in our humble workshop.
- Made of strong duck canvas in navy, with leather reinforcements and piping
- L 18 cm x Width 30 cm x H 22 cm with Volume Capacity of 11.9 Li (this is a Large Size)
- Comes with 4 leather straps with brass buckles. 2 straps are for securing against the handlebar or dropbar (as shown in photos), whilst 2 are for securing the leather base to the bicycle front rack.
- Option for using a decaleur (the metal attachment to additionally secure the bag) in lieu of handlebar straps is provided via side slots. See reference photos,
- The underside has additional attachment slots for owner to further secure the bag (additional straps form the 4 are provided by owner)
- Top flap has a map compartment in clear plastic to store just that - a map, a control card (if you ever get to join a real audax!) or other flat items.
- 2 well-sized front-facing compartments (to store items that need to be easily accessible such as mobile phone, energy snacks, etc.) and 1 rectangular front compartment for other items. Pockets are secured by velcro.
- 2 slanted side slots on both sides of bag
- Inner hard plastic stiffeners to retain bag shape
It is necessary for this rack to rest on a front rack and fits best on a typical randonneur-style kind (e.g. made by Nitto, Velo Orange, and similar), as the bag has a vertical slot where the rack extension (the inverted-U) is inserted to further hold the bag in place. However, a flat front rack (such as akin to a Demi Porteur, or a "pizza rack".
PROMO: Message us on IG, FB or email email@example.com for any questions
1. First 6 customers to purchase this product can avail of a 20% EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT using Checkout Promo Code RANDO - these are available and ready for shipping.
2. 15% off for ALL PRE-ORDERS (outside of the ready 6 above) until May 7, full payment required for order. Use Promo Code RANDOPREORDER on checkout.