Note: This product is available via MTO (Made-to-Order), checking out in the system will trigger the production order. Committed delivery leadtime is max. 2 weeks (or less).
We offer this latest variation in the LD rando bag, this time in waterproof and very tough cotton duck XPac. It comes in a smaller size for those who wish to have a more compact set-up, or those with smaller bike frames or narrow handlebar width clearance.
This XPac fabric is impervious to water seepage and is perfect for a long-lasting bag that can withstand the elements.
This takes inspiration from the traditional front bags used in a randonnée (also called a brevet or audax) - a self-supported, non-competitive endurance activity in which cyclists have to reach pre-determined finish points given a time limit and are usually for 200 km or more. In between are what are called control points, where cyclists can opt to take nutrition and rest.
A randonneur bag is designed such that its compartments are easily accessible to the rider, without necessarily having to stop all the time while on the brevet. It is also properly-sized for the activity, and for multi day-rides it will contain food and sustenance, tools/spares, a set of clothes (as necessary), navigation/maps, and other rider essentials.
This bag is entirely and proudly made locally by ourselves in our humble workshop.
- Made of Deep OIive XPac in cotton duck canvas, with leather base and reinforcements, secured by twill piping
- L 24.4 cm x Width 19 cm x H 14.5 cm with Volume Capacity of 6.7 Li (excluding the 3 flap pockets).
- Comes with 4 leather straps with brass buckles. 2 straps are for securing against the handlebar or dropbar, whilst 2 are for securing the leather base to the bicycle front rack.
- Option for using a decaleur (the metal attachment to additionally secure the bag) in lieu of handlebar straps.
- Top flap has a map compartment in clear plastic to store just that - a map, a control card (if you ever get to join a real audax!) or other flat items.
- 2 well-sized front-facing compartments (to store items that need to be easily accessible such as mobile phone, energy snacks, etc.) and 1 rectangular front compartment for other items. Pockets are secured by velcro.
- 2 slanted side compartments on both sides of bag
- Inner hard plastic stiffeners to retain bag shape
It is necessary for this rack to rest on a front rack and fits best on a typical randonneur-style kind (e.g. made by Nitto, Velo Orange, and similar).